You may not realize it, but if your business hasn’t started a blog or isn’t keeping an existing blog updated on a regular basis, you’re missing a critical component of your consumer marketing plan.
Consider these blogging statistics from the experts at HubSpot:
- Company blogs attract 67% more leads for B2B interactions.
- Businesses who provide regular informative content through blogging are 13 times more likely to attain positive ROI.
- 97% more website links are generated through blogging.
- Blogs are considered the 5th most trusted source for information.
By keeping a quality blog filled with industry news, insights, and educational content, you’ll see dramatic and long-term effects on your marketing efforts with a minimal strain on your budget.
Here are the Top 5 Reasons to Start a Business Blog:
1. Improve Search Engine Optimization – Contrary to popular belief, keywords are no longer the best way to achieve SEO. Fresh content is now the main criteria for moving up in rankings. Blog posts with regular updates will increase visibility on search engine results pages (SERPS) and drive more traffic to your website.
2. Connect with Customers – Developing relationships with your site visitors can be accomplished in a few different ways. Engage your readers by asking questions at the end of the post, allow comments and feedback, and respond to every customer’s question in a timely manner. Did you know that blogging helps build long-term relationships too? The majority of traffic you’ll see each month will come from previous posts (some published months or even years ago.)
3. Build Trust – Whether your business is large or small, establishing yourself as an expert in your industry can be accomplished by providing valuable, informative blog posts on a regular basis. Building trust with your readers will come naturally as they see your company as the “go-to” resource for accurate content. Just add a lead-generating call-to-action to every blog post and your conversion rate will skyrocket.
4. Establish Solid Branding – Blogging is more personal than traditional marketing methods, so your potential customers will have a clearer understanding of your vision, mission, and high standard of excellence. Don’t be afraid to let your personality show. It will connect people to your brand and keep them coming back for more.
5. Enhance Your Following – Every blog post provides an opportunity to increase your exposure through sharing. People are motivated to buy products and services recommended by their peers, friends, and family. When they receive a copy of your blog post through a social media account such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, or Instagram, it’s like getting a personal introduction to a trusted friend. This also gives you an opportunity to respond to comments, interact with your customer, and extend your social reach.
Starting and maintaining a business blog makes perfect sense. It’s a low-cost, low-effort opportunity to drive more traffic, connect with customers, build trust, establish solid branding, and enhance your following. Don’t miss out on this chance to strengthen and grow your business. What have you got to lose?
If you’re looking to start a business blog or get more investment for one you’ve already started, I can help. I’m a freelance blogger and virtual assistant, so I can get your blog established quickly. Contact me today at DebbieDeyWrites and set-up your FREE 30-minute consultation to discuss the details.